Fall is a great time to sell your home. Several studies show that, on average, homes listed during this time are more to sell quickly and closer to the asking price.
If you are ready to list, there are a few things you can do to make your home inviting to eager buyers this fall:
- Use fall decor, but keep it sparse. Place a few vases with fall foliage or a bowl of seasonal fruit in your kitchen. And definitely pick a few good pumpkins to put out on the front porch.
- A fresh coat of paint is important no matter what time of year you sell your home. If you are selling in the fall, use warm fall colors that stay neutral like caramel. Small accents of color, like deep orange and vibrant reds, will make your home inviting. Zaarly recommends Aaron Armentrout for all of your painting needs.
- Keep your home bright. With the days getting shorter, it is important that you have enough lighting. Let in as much natural light as you can, and consider having additional lighting installed if your home does not let a lot of light in. Need lighting installed? Zaarly recommends Randy Scarborough.
- Make your home inviting. A well-placed soft fall-colored throw blanket on the sofa, a warm crackling fireplace or the smell of cinnamon can make your home feel like the perfect place to feel cozy in.
- Don’t forget about your curb! Just because it’s getting colder doesn’t mean the front of your house should be ignored. Have your home power washed to give it a nice clean look. Have your windows cleaned so they sparkle. Consider having your front door and the trim on your windows painted. Have your lawn spruced up weekly to remove any leaves. Include a few pots of yellow mums to brighten up your porch. Looking to spruce up your lawn?Caleb Kangas can help.
Need a hand? ReeceNichols has partnered with Zaarly to make sure you get the best service experts for all of your home projects! Ask your ReeceNichols agent for a $50 promo code to use on your first project!
Sign-up for Zaarly. It’s free!